logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Checkstyle
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2014 13:26:30 GMT
There are certainly a lot of checkstyle errors/warnings.
I occasionally see Eclipse warning about an unused import or an unused
private field, but checkstyle seems a lot stricter...

I'll try to spend some time cleaning this up after rc2 is out.

I noticed that we occasionally break the checkstyle rules on purpose.
For example, in slf4j-impl, StaticLoggerBinder.REQUESTED_API_VERSION is not
final on purpose.

We should consider adding this module to the checkstyle.xml config:
<module name="SuppressionCommentFilter"/>

That would allow us to switch checkstyle off for specific lines of code.
Like this:
//CHECKSTYLE:OFF
public void someMethod(String arg1, String arg2, String arg3, String arg4) {
//CHECKSTYLE:ON

You can even switch off only specific checks (see
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4023185/how-to-disable-a-particular-checkstyle-rule-for-a-particular-line-of-code
).