logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NPE in RandomAccessFileAppenderTests
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2014 01:40:30 GMT
Specifying "packages" in config will work in both maven and Eclipse, I think (unless I'm missing
something).

Sent from my iPhone

> On 2014/06/01, at 8:33, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> No, but the test should run from Eclipse and Maven just the same. So... now what?
>
> Gary
>

>> On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 7:16 PM, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Have you tried specifying "packages" in the config file of the test? Then no plugins.dat
is necessary.

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On 2014/06/01, at 2:44, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> So Eclipse cannot find the plugin dat file then?
>>>
>>> Adding the jar is not going to help if what I am doing is developing plugins...
:-(

>>> I think there is some odd ball case where Maven copies the plugin dat file some
place and then you do a refresh in Eclipse to pick it up. I've not found a reliable way to
get this to work though.

>>> This is frustrating...
>>>
>>> Gary

(before conversion to RuleChains) I don't see these NPEs.

find the resulting log file, [2] finds a different log file).

Build success.