logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Config clean up for AppenderRef
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 08:48:57 GMT
Hm, not sure. Two things:

That would require our existing users to modify their configurations.

Also, currently the "name" attribute  provides an identifier for its element so that other
elements can reference it. Isn't it clearer to have a different attribute when referring to
another element? I think calling this attribute "ref" is very clear actually and I don't think
having the same name for attributes that refer and attributes attributes that are being referred
to is better.

Sent from my iPhone