logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Broken build
Date Sat, 03 May 2014 22:03:25 GMT
System.out or System.err should never be closed.

Ralph

On May 3, 2014, at 10:59 AM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've implemented Closeable on StatusListener in r1592258. Please try out the unit tests
again and let me know if this solves the issue on Windows.

> On 3 May 2014 12:30, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this is actually a bug. StatusListener should implement Closeable, and when the
listeners are cleared, it should loop through and close them before clearing the list of listeners.
Otherwise, files can stay opened and Windows still hasn't figured out how to handle that.

> On 3 May 2014 11:22, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, commenting out that test to verify my changes was exactly what I was doing now...
:-)

> On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 1:20 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>
> Oh, and if you are trying to do some work just comment out the @Test of the failing test
- but don’t commit that.
> Ralph
>

> On May 3, 2014, at 9:19 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>
>> That happens because the file is still being referenced by something when it is trying
to delete it.  It should be because the file is open but I recall reading that Windows sometimes
holds on to file references longer than it should.  This was probably caused by the changes
Matt made to the unit test framework a month or so ago.  I will bring up my Windows VM and
take a look at it this afternoon.

>> Ralph
>>
>> On May 3, 2014, at 8:58 AM, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, windows 7.
>>>

>>> On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 12:54 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>
wrote:
>>> FileOutputTest was failing for me last week and I thought I fixed it. But it
was failing because the file was empty, not because it couldn’t be deleted. I guess you
must be running on Windows?

>>> Ralph

InitialLoggerContext(CONFIG));