logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Life cyle and appender
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 01:39:04 GMT
On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 9:34 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>wrote:

> Let's start with a specific case: AbstractAppender clearly has life cycle
> features (start/stop) but it subclasses AbstractFilterable.
>
> Would it be correct for AbstractFilterable to be a life cycle and subclass
> AbstractLifeCycle?

Let me clarify that AbstractAppender implements Appender which extends
LifeCycle, so the formal definition is OK: An AbstractAppender is indeed a
LifeCycle.

I am looking to answer if we can make AbstractFilterable extend
AbstractLifeCycle to inherit the pre-canned life cycle behavior.

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com