logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Brouwer <bruce.brou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] import guidelines
Date Sun, 18 May 2014 00:28:44 GMT
My preference has always been to never use wildcard imports, not even for
static imports. As for getting around the pain of JUnit static imports, I
know in Eclipse you can set favorites for imports.

Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Editor -> Content Assist -> Favorites

My settings are

junit.framework.Assert.*
org.easymock.EasyMock.*

With this, you can use auto-complete for all the JUnit assertions without
having previously imported them at all.

I've occasionally had minor inconvenience with importing methods and the
IDE being confused about which static import to use. I'll admit it was
minor, but I'd rather not have any ambiguity.

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 7:41 PM, Paul Benedict <pbenedict@apache.org> wrote:

> Why would you have to manually fiddle with anything after setting the
> import order in Eclipse?
> On May 16, 2014 5:29 PM, "Gary Gregory" <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I import most general (java, javax) to most specific (com) with org in
>> between. I think this is the eclipse default.
>>
>> I want guidelines that eclipse can sort automatically.  This way there is
>> no time wasting with manual fiddling.
>>
>> Gary

Bruce Brouwer
about.me/bruce.brouwer