logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Log4J-2.0 New Logo
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 15:34:24 GMT
Good question.  Someone needs to start a vote thread.  But will we be voting for only our top
pick, top 3 or 4 or what?

Ralph

On May 15, 2014, at 9:15 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:

> So... what are we doing here?
>
> Gary
>

> On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 9:43 AM, Ralph Goers <rgoers@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > On May 14, 2014, at 4:04 AM, "Christian Grobmeier" <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> On 14 May 2014, at 8:52, Ralph Goers wrote:
> >>
> >> Yes the Jira outlines a process that was proposed by Christian in the Jira issue.
However, that would be equivalent to someone creating an issue and saying that a new feature
must be implemented a certain way. I don’t recall ever really discussing that process on
the mailing list or even in the Jira issue.

> >> FWIW, the process outlined there calls for two votes with the winner of the
second vote being the official logo.  I am fine with that except I would be surprised if there
isn’t a tie.  STV make only a single vote necessary.

> > It was a proposal to which nobody seems to have objections. I am pretty fine with
adjusting the process as we think it makes sense, as long as it stays fair to everybody who
dedicated time to create such a logo. I am pretty sure this is our all goal.