logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] import guidelines
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 00:51:25 GMT
Just those 3 is fine with me.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 2014/05/19, at 9:49, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>
> I would say only for the 3 Gary listed below.
>
> Ralph
>
>> On May 18, 2014, at 5:36 PM, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks! I'll try those settings.
>>
>> Do we have consensus that wildcarts can be used (only) for static imports?
>>
>> Remko
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On 2014/05/19, at 7:38, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> You can say this in Eclipse:
>>>
>>> #Organize Import Order
>>> #Sun May 18 17:18:10 EDT 2014
>>> 6=com
>>> 5=org
>>> 4=javax
>>> 3=java
>>> 2=\#org.junit.Assert
>>> 1=\#org.hamcrest.CoreMatchers
>>> 0=\#org.easymock.EasyMock
>>>
>>> Where 0 is at the top and 6 at the bottom.
>>>
>>> Gary

Not sure if this is configurable.

with imports for their group (org, com, and so on)?

a total of 431 static imports in the project.

TRACE, DEBUG, INFO, WARN, ERROR, FATAL };"
import, especially in the context of this being a test class for Levels.

agree with Remko that we should make an exception for org.junit.Assert.*

with org in between. I think this is the eclipse default.

way there is no time wasting with manual fiddling.

is making one's home project the top import priority. For you guys, it would be "org.apache.logging.log4j".
What I like so much about this choice is that it makes eye-balling the use of your own classes
very apparent.