logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <rgo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Log4J-2.0 New Logo
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 13:43:41 GMT

> On May 14, 2014, at 4:04 AM, "Christian Grobmeier" <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 14 May 2014, at 8:52, Ralph Goers wrote:
>>
>> Yes the Jira outlines a process that was proposed by Christian in the Jira issue.
However, that would be equivalent to someone creating an issue and saying that a new feature
must be implemented a certain way. I don’t recall ever really discussing that process on
the mailing list or even in the Jira issue.

>> FWIW, the process outlined there calls for two votes with the winner of the second
vote being the official logo.  I am fine with that except I would be surprised if there isn’t
a tie.  STV make only a single vote necessary.

> It was a proposal to which nobody seems to have objections. I am pretty fine with adjusting
the process as we think it makes sense, as long as it stays fair to everybody who dedicated
time to create such a logo. I am pretty sure this is our all goal.

>> Ralph

And I don't object to it, per se - I just don't want to end up being stuck because thee is
no clear winner.

Ralph