logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's left before we can release RC2?
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2014 21:07:51 GMT
We voted but did not make a decision on the logo yet.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 2014/04/28, at 5:58, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I mean like round 2.
>

>> On 27 April 2014 15:25, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We already voted!
>>
>> Gary
>>

>>> On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Reminder link: https://wiki.apache.org/logging/Log4jLogoNominations
>>>
>>> Can we use Apache Steve for handling voting? :-P

:-) )

Minimally, I head some support for removing streams from log4j-api. I can submit a more complete
patch if I can have some questions answered (e.g. should we switch walking the call stack
to be bottom-up instead of top-down, should it go in its own artifact, ...)

think about a more comprehensive life cycle state machine that works more like how LoggerContext
does. I'm working on a patch proposal for that, but it is a non-trivial change that affects
lots of classes in log4j-core. If this seems like a good idea, it might be a good idea to
get this in before RC2 as well.

bug in order to do XML and JSON server socket receivers.

for RC2, or not :)

<boards@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
It might be a good idea to get another release candidate going.