logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Brouwer <bruce.brou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's left before we can release RC2?
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 22:46:53 GMT
I think we should address LOG4J-547 to at least some degree. Minimally, I
head some support for removing streams from log4j-api. I can submit a more
complete patch if I can have some questions answered (e.g. should we switch
walking the call stack to be bottom-up instead of top-down, should it go in
its own artifact, ...)

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>wrote:

> And I want to get make the Marker API changes.
>
> Also, we need to finish the logo contest.
>
> Ralph
>
> On Apr 7, 2014, at 8:48 AM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think that would be good. I'd like to see what we all think about a more
> comprehensive life cycle state machine that works more like how
> LoggerContext does. I'm working on a patch proposal for that, but it is a
> non-trivial change that affects lots of classes in log4j-core. If this
> seems like a good idea, it might be a good idea to get this in before RC2
> as well.
>

> On 7 April 2014 15:42, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've just figured out how to workaround a Jackson bug in order to do XML
>> and JSON server socket receivers.
>>
>> We can wait for me to get this in this week (hopefully) for RC2, or not :)
>>
>> Gary
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> There's been a bunch of work done since RC1. It might be a good idea to
>>> get another release candidate going.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>
>>>

>> --