logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: core.impl.Log4jLogEvent.LogEventProxy
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 14:04:03 GMT
On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 2:36 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>wrote:

> Out of curiosity, why does implementing an XML socket server require
> touching the LogEvent?  What are XMLLogEventInput and JSONLogEventInput
> going to do that would require that?

My current working implementation uses JAXB annotations on Log4jLogEvent,
no need to deal with messy DOM nonsense. The XML layout can then be a one
liner: JAXB.marshal(logEvent, result). Right now the socket server ends up
also with a one liner to convert from XML to a Log4jLogEvent.

But I could do it in the existing "proxy" log event instead or a new XML
proxy instead of in Log4jLogEvent. I'm not sure why we'd want to create an
extra object. So I am asking...

Gary

> Ralph
>
> On Mar 30, 2014, at 8:04 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> As I am working on LOG4J2-583<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-583>I
ran into core.impl.Log4jLogEvent.LogEventProxy.

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com