logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Brouwer <bruce.brou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.0 release triage
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2014 21:58:25 GMT
So, because I can't assign any JIRA to myself (I don't have permission),
should I just add a comment that says I'm working on it?

Should I add comments to issues that I think should wait until after 2.0?
Or is that going too far in my newbie status?

I just find it hard to know where my effort will be best spent. There are
currently only 12 issues that have a 2.0-like version assigned. That leaves
a huge bucket of 107 issues and I'm left with very little idea on which of
these to start with. Of this 107 issues with no fix version, 96 are
unassigned. Where do I start such that I'm not wasting my time. I think it
would be nice if someone closer to the project helped me out by identifying
which issues they believed belonged in version 2.0 and which should wait
until after 2.0, leaving them unassigned.

Or would doing this cause problems because reporters might feel their issue
isn't important enough to be worked on immediately?

I am just trying to find an easier way to know how to help with 2.0 and I'm
hoping others on the project might benefit as well by delaying discussions
and debate for issues that don't belong in 2.0. Or is my desire to focus on
2.0 slightly misguided and I'm just not thinking of this in the open source
way? Please educate me (but briefly so you have more time to work on 2.0 ;)