logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Can we roll RC1 tonight?
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2014 08:31:13 GMT
Please go ahead as I am presently in the hospital with pneumonia. Just make sure to update
the release notes to highlight the break in binary compatibility.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 7, 2014, at 9:50 PM, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ralph documented the release procedure here: http://wiki.apache.org/logging/Log4j2ReleaseGuide
>

>> On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 2:25 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sadly, cutting releases is an overly complex and an error prone process. I've not
done it for Log4j but it will be a good exercise. Each project usually has it's own BUILDING.txt
or Wiki with more or less detailed instructions, scripts, and so on. I've done it for Commons
and HttpComponenent, it's not exactly something I'd call 'fun'.

>> You might need to be on the PMC, I'm not sure, Ralph?
>>
>> Gary
>>

>>> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 11:55 PM, Nick Williams <nicholas@nicholaswilliams.net>
wrote:
>>> I have no idea how to roll an RC ... or if I even can. Do I have the necessary
karma? I thought only PMC members could?

>>> Nick

no showstoppers. I've fixed a whole bunch of appender-related bugs, and there's no issue with
the Servlet 3.0 auto-initialization. Can someone kick that off so that we can have a vote
this weekend and get this out there ASAP? I'd love to be able to roll rc2 (if necessary) or
GA within two weeks.