logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Williams <nicho...@nicholaswilliams.net>
Subject Re: Log4j 2.0-rc1 Lives to Release Another Day
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2014 17:14:35 GMT
No, that's not it. It's looking for the file /log4j-distribution/src/site/site.vm, not /src/site/site.vm.
There's not even a /log4j-distribution/src/site directory in source control, much less a site.vm
file in it.

Other than POM version changes for the attempted releases, there have been no changes to any
files in /log4j-distribution in months.

svn diff -r HEAD shows that my local copy is identical to that on svn.apache.org.

Nick

On Feb 9, 2014, at 2:46 AM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> hm, its there:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/log4j2/trunk/src/site/site.vm
>
> Does it exist on your system? If not maybe you should work on on a fresh checkout.
>
> On 9 Feb 2014, at 7:56, Nick Williams wrote:
>
>> By the way, this is the error I'm getting when building site now:
>>
>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.0:site
(default-site) on project log4j-distribution: Template file '/Users/Nicholas/Documents/Apache/Projects/log4j/log4j2/trunk/log4j-distribution/src/site/site.vm'
does not exist -> [Help 1]

>> As far as I can tell, nothing has changed with the log4j-distribution project since
it worked this morning. I'm at a loss to explain this sudden failure. Help?

>> On Feb 9, 2014, at 12:43 AM, Nick Williams wrote:
>>
>>> I'm giving up for today. First pass: Resulted in a canceled vote. Second pass:
Sonatype crashed halfway through and stopped accepting uploads to the staging repository.
Third pass: Now `mvn site` fails with strange error about a missing file that it shouldn't
be looking for to begin with. I give up trying to make this happen today.