logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Williams <nicho...@nicholaswilliams.net>
Subject Re: [CANCELED][VOTE] Log4j 2.0-rc1 rc1
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2014 05:31:49 GMT

On Feb 8, 2014, at 11:13 PM, Remko Popma wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Nick Williams <nicholas@nicholaswilliams.net> wrote:
> Well, unfortunately my first release attempt didn't turn out so well. The vote for Log4j
2.0-rc1 RC1 has been canceled:

> - There are unsupported licenses. I will fix those shortly.
> I've fixed the two missing license headers that Gary mentioned. Still need to check if
there are other license issues.

Yes, but you fixed one of the incorrectly. :-) I have fixed it.

> - There might be something pointing to rc2 instead of rc1. I'll look into that.
> I think that was a misunderstanding: you renamed the versions in the pom.xml files to
prepare for the next release (you were following the steps in the ReleaseProcedure). Gary
updated his local workspace and saw these rc2 versions. I don't think there was any problem
there.

Correct. I confirmed that upon further examination.

> Gary also pointed out LOG4J2-531, reported within the last 24 hours. I don't think this
is a show-stopper to rc1. We can roll rc2 soon, but it has been months since a release and
I don't want to hold this up. Is anyone going to object to a release without a fix for LOG4J2-531?
> I agree this should not be a showstopper. IMHO only a bug _introduced_ by the release
would be a reason to cancel that release. This is an existing issue. (I have started investigating
LOG4J2-531. It may not be a simple bugfix; it may be more involved - and take more time to
do it right. All the more reason not to hold up the release for this.)