logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we roll RC1 tonight?
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2014 19:13:54 GMT
I just remembered something which confuses me for a while. Maybe it
helps, but maybe somebody else here on this list can show me/us a better
way.

When I made a release in the past days, I had to add some commandline
parameters, like:

mvn -P apache-release release:prepare release:perform
-Dgpg.password=<pass>

You might already be sceptic that you have to use the password by cli
which is then visible by every other user on your machine running ps.

For me this was the only thing which worked out. I had the passwords etc
encrypted in some profile, but they just weren't used.
Like:
https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Deploy+Snapshots+and+Stage+Releases+with+Ant

So maybe it is the same case for you. I asked around for quite a while
but never got a proper response how to handle this.
Many people never run into that issue and so I think its somehow related
to my setup. Recently I found out another apache guy has the same
problem, solving it the same way.

maybe worth a shot.

On 8 Feb 2014, at 20:06, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> Nick,
>
> i totally feel your pain. Releasing is always evil, i never
> experienced it otherwise in what ever project.
>
> On 8 Feb 2014, at 19:56, Nick Williams wrote:
>> Well, after wasting a couple hours, it turns out I do NOT have the
>> power to roll a release. I got a "401 Unauthorized" error when it
>> tried to deploy to the staging repository. I can log in to that
>> repository in my browser, but I must not have deploy permissions.
>> Fail.
>
> I am not sure if you need extra permissions honestly.
>

>> I have reverted the automatic changes to trunk. It seems I can't
>> delete a tag: "DAV request failed: 411 Content length required. The
>> server or an intermediate proxy does not accept chunked encoding. Try
>> setting 'http-chunked-requests' to 'auto' or 'no' in your client
>> configuration."
>>
>> I need someone to:
>>
>> - Delete the rc1 tag, please.
>
> OK, so just confirming you want me to do:
>
> svn delete
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/log4j2/tags/log4j-2.0-rc1/
>
> Right?
>
>> - Either give me permissions to roll a release, or just do it for me.
>> I've already run steps 1-5. The release notes have been committed.
>
> I would prefer to give you the permissions, if there are any to give.
> I will look around, maybe i find a hint.
>

> Cheers
> Christian
>

>> Nick
>>
>> On Feb 8, 2014, at 12:13 PM, Nick Williams wrote:
>>
>>> Christian was right. The distribution POM was still referring to
>>> log4j-core-osgi-nosql-mongo and log4j-core-osgi-nosql-couch. I've
>>> fixed that. Continuing the release...

an error
will be a
BUILDING.txt