logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Williams <nicho...@nicholaswilliams.net>
Subject What will the GA version number be?
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 04:59:26 GMT
I'm finalizing the logging chapter of my book to send to the printers Wednesday (I'm so glad
I got to correct it to say Level was extendable!), and I need to know what the Maven artifact
GA version number will be. I print the new Maven artifacts used in each chapter on the first
page of the chapter as a guide to the user. Log4j is the only library I'm using that isn't
yet GA. I want to be sure the version numbers I'm printing are correct.

Here are the options that I can think of for the GA release:

2.0
2.0-GA
2.0.GA
2.0.Final
2.0.RELEASE
2.0.0
2.0.0-GA
2.0.0.GA
2.0.0.Final
2.0.0.RELEASE

So, which is it going to be? I assume that eventually we're going to have a 2.0.1, 2.0.2,
etc., so it would seem to me that, whatever GA is, it should start with 2.0.0. Doesn't seem
to make a lot of sense to go from 2.0 to 2.0.1. However, all of our beta releases have been
2.0-Betan.

Thoughts?

Nick