logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GA?
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 15:07:17 GMT
The thing about OSGi support is that it may require API changes. I've
already submitted a patch that does just that (well, it's a
backwards-compatible change). OSGi has more esoteric class loader issues
that makes dynamic class loading a bit more difficult. When it comes to
packaging the individual bundles, that will also depend upon how modular
the bundles are in the first place. I'd like to do a basic audit of
self-contained modules.

Also, if we want to provide several bundles for all the different available
appenders, filters, etc., then we should really organize those into
packages at least. It's more difficult to break up a package into several
bundles than it is to use specific packages in each bundle.