logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GA?
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:15:12 GMT
I agree with Nick. Changing levels to be extensible warrants another Beta.
I'd like to see a stable API before we get into RC mode.

What about:

- Now: Another Beta
- +1 month, If the API is stable: RC1
- RCs until shows stoppers are fixed, pick a rhythm: once a week may be too
much, once a month too long. Every two weeks seems pretty frequent for our
bunch for a ramp down.

Thoughts on that?

I am not so much concerned about OSGi now since I look at this as more of a
packaging issue and how much gets dragged in the container with
dependencies. For OSGi, are we really considering delivering one bundle
(jar) per appender?

I am more concerned about all the issues people seem to have in servlet
environments.

Gary