logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Web Issues, Logging Levels, and GA
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 16:45:30 GMT
It won't be possible with an enum, yes, but we should have a way to allow
extensions. For example, if we publically document the integer level of the
enums (separated by 100), then we can provide an overload that accepts an
integer. That's how you can allow people to slide in their extensions.
Philospohy: enums for the standard, ints for the custom programmer.

Paul

--
Cheers,
Paul