logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Logo Contest
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 16:13:33 GMT
There have been many candidates submitted in the Logo contest [1] which can be viewed at http://www.fdmhosting.com/log4j2/.
 I am going to be honest and say that none of them grabs me and says “that’s the one”,
although I like the ideas expressed in quite a few of them.  I definitely like the play on
version 2 and using it as a superscript to make it appear as log4j squared.   Many of the
logos just feel too big to me - they have Log4j adjacent to the image, making them take up
a lot of horizontal space. On the images themselves, I really like the coffee cup submitted
by Murad,   I like the script used by Andreas but I would prefer that the 4 was facing the
correct direction and that the 2 superscript be to the right of the 4 instead of to the left.
 I think many of the graphics submitted by Gary are kind of cool - they are very modern looking.

Ideally we should pick out a new logo before 2.0 is released so it would be great if we could
get more discussion on this.

Finally, these are just my opinions.  I won’t be the only one voting so I would definitely
like to hear what some of the other PMC members think.

Ralph

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-316