logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GA?
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 17:17:52 GMT
If people really thing that another non-GA release is necessary, please
label it RC.

Beta sounds as log4j2 is absolutely not ready but this isn't the case.
At least with a RC we show some confidence in what we do.

As additions are easier to make then removals, I would even sacrifice
something from the LogLevels enhancement
if it can be added later without breaking BC.

Personally I think it is necessary to make a GA as soon as possible.
People ask me a lot
about when we do become GA. Looks like folks don't like to use *beta
software
or even take it serious.

---
http://www.grobmeier.de