logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <rgo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logging to Disk in case of only Error
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 05:25:47 GMT
Did you make sure to specify ignoreExceptions="false" on the appender to be failed over?

Ralph

> On Oct 10, 2013, at 10:21 PM, Sudharma Puranik <sudharma.puranik@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Failover Appender dint work for me.. I will send you the details soon... hardly pressed
with work.

> -Sudharma
>

>> On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Ralph Goers <rgoers@apache.org> wrote:
>> The FailoverAppender didn't work for you? If not, why?
>>
>> To get your plugin to be found you either need to add its package to the packages
attribute of the configuration element or you need to use "plugin preloading", which is documented
on the Plugins page on the web site,

>> Ralph
>>
>>> On Oct 10, 2013, at 1:43 AM, Sudharma Puranik <sudharma.puranik@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> I created my custom Appender and Manager and added it into the plugins which
work properly.  But I have a problem like  I have to always compile the core and deploy it
back which is not a good idea.. Does the log4j2 provide any dropin solution for plugins? Or
is it that , do you have any other way of doing it?

>>> kindly help
>>>
>>> -Sudharma

I would want to log to disk. Kind of a Dump log. The approach I have used so far are,

my own write method which will only write to a IO Stream and when error occurs I flush it
using ByteBuffer. But the problem is I am not able to get the hook of Exception handling.