logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to...
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 21:01:10 GMT
Hi All:

I have attached a patch to a new issue: LOG4J2-413 "PatternLayout option to
not output ANSI escape codes if no Console is available"

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-413

Can anyone think of a better way to do this?

It would be easy to offer this without any option. But as I describe in the
issue, I think it should be an option. I found it hard to connect the
configuration to the code that needs to know it. Too hard in fact. It feels
like something is missing in the configuration. I suppose this is not a
point of view the code has needed before.

Please advise.

Thank you,
Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com