logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Williams <nicho...@nicholaswilliams.net>
Subject Re: Log4j2 setup in Eclipse
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 01:38:45 GMT
I'm fairly certain that Eclipse has a setting to auto-add the Maven dependencies for Maven
projects. I know that IntelliJ and NetBeans BOTH do, and it's OFF by default in a new project
in BOTH of them, so it would make sense that Eclipse would also have this feature, and it
wouldn't the surprising for it to be off by default.

On Aug 14, 2013, at 8:30 PM, Remko Popma wrote:

> I don't mean to start a discussion on which IDE is best (please).
>
> Does anyone have a way to set up the log4j2 project in Eclipse so that all modules compile?
And can you send me the Eclipse config files to accomplish that?

> I currently manually update the classpath by pointing to jars in my local .m2/repository
but it's a pain to keep this up to date. Surely there is a better way?

> Also, is anyone able to run all JUnit test in their IDE?
> Some JUnit tests I can run locally in my IDE (which means I can run them in the debugger)
but many others only pass when run in Maven (which means I *cannot* run them in the debugger...)