logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Log4j2 setup in Eclipse
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:56:05 GMT
Fwiw, debugging from within eclipse works except for some cases which
I've written about here before but can't quite recall ATM.

Gary

On Aug 15, 2013, at 3:05, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> As I think I've said before, I use IntelliJ so this may or may not help you, but I always
debug using -Dmaven.surefire.debug set for remote debugging and then attach to it from IntelliJ.
I don't know why but I do this for everything, including debugging stuff in JBoss or Tomcat
or unit tests.

> Ralph
>
> On Aug 14, 2013, at 6:30 PM, Remko Popma wrote:
>
>> I don't mean to start a discussion on which IDE is best (please).
>>
>> Does anyone have a way to set up the log4j2 project in Eclipse so that all modules
compile? And can you send me the Eclipse config files to accomplish that?

>> I currently manually update the classpath by pointing to jars in my local .m2/repository
but it's a pain to keep this up to date. Surely there is a better way?

>> Also, is anyone able to run all JUnit test in their IDE?
>> Some JUnit tests I can run locally in my IDE (which means I can run them in the debugger)
but many others only pass when run in Maven (which means I *cannot* run them in the debugger...)