logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Javadoc Links
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 00:02:20 GMT
The Javadoc should be at the top level I think. It could be I the
manual too, since it does document the API, as an exhaustive
reference. I agree that it is too hard to find it now.

Gary

On Jul 17, 2013, at 19:56, Nick Williams <nicholas@nicholaswilliams.net> wrote:

> The Javadoc on the site is very non-obvious to find (actually it's just downright improbable
to find if you don't already know where to look ... I had to email the user list and ask where
it was the first time I tried to find it). I'd like to add a dedicated link on the left-hand
menu that expands (with an arrow beside it, like the links under the manual) and provides
quick links to the Javadoc for all the components.

> Where do y'all think I should put it? Under "APACHE LOG4J 2" near the top is similar
to where the Javadoc links are on many other Apache projects, like all of the Commons projects.
That is probably my preferred location. I could also put it under "MANUAL," at the bottom
of the manual section. That was my first instinct, actually, but I'm uncertain as to whether
the Javadoc is part of the "manual," and that section is getting rather full. The only other
place it might make sense is under the "LOG4J PROJECT INFORMATION" section, but that's all
the way down at the bottom, and I don't really like users having to scroll that far for Javadoc.