logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <rem...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Merge log4j-async into log4j-core
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 16:51:43 GMT
The Disruptor needs Java 6. Internally it uses the sun.misc.Unsafe class. There may be JVMs
that do not have this class, although I doubt that is actually the case: many of the java.*
classes in the Oracle implementation  rely on it. I know that the Azul JVM has this class.

I was worried that there may be scenarios where an application would not have the security
privileges to use this class. I haven't checked if such scenarios exist...

Sent from my iPhone

On 2013/04/13, at 1:23, Ralph Goers <rgoers@apache.org> wrote:

> Because it has a dependency on the Disruptor, which Remko has said may not work on all
JDKs