logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <rem...@yahoo.com>
Subject Ok to rename AsynchAppender?
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2013 17:18:01 GMT
I would like to rename AsynchAppender to AsyncAppender.
In addition I'd like to rename the plugin name for that appender from Asynch to Async.

Reasons for renaming:
* consistency with Log4j-1.x and Logback naming
* consistency with Log4j-2.0 Async Loggers naming
* my personal preference (Asynch looks like it rhymes with inch)

I'm a bit concerned about the plugin renaming as it may break existing configurations.
How much of an installed base do we estimate we currently have?
Is it possible to support both plugin names Asynch and Async? And would that be a good idea
or not?

Thoughts?