logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Berkeley DB for Java
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 05:44:10 GMT
Not used Berkely DB for anything. But as other throw in options, I
would like to add another one: http://directmemory.apache.org/
DirectMemory is a caching system, but they seem to support
serializers. Not sure how DM works at all, I never dived so deeply
into it. But I can imagine its worth a look.

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have experience using Berkeley DB for Java?  I am looking at creating something
similar to the embedded Flume appender using Berkeley DB as the "file channel" so that I don't
have to bring in all the Flume dependencies and the socket connection to Flume can be done
asynchronously.  In effect, I would be using Berkeley DB as the queue between the client and
the asynchronous portion of the Appender.

> I'd like to know if I am opening myself up for problems in doing this so if anyone has
experience with using it I'd like to know about them.

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de