logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Stein, Jason" <jason.st...@vertexgroup.com>
Subject RE: Chainsaw v2 Log viewer
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 23:00:09 GMT
Thank you, Scott, that worked great.  Now my next wish is this:

Since I have about 50 Test/QA JBoss environments, to use JNLP to start Chainsaw and have the
appropriate configurations automatically loaded for each environment, depending upon which
jnlp link one clicks.

Is that possible?

From: Scott Deboy [mailto:scott.deboy@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:55 PM
To: Log4J Developers List
Subject: Re: Chainsaw v2 Log viewer

Latest developer snapshot is available here: http://people.apache.org/~sdeboy

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:55 PM, Scott Deboy <scott.deboy@gmail.com<mailto:scott.deboy@gmail.com>>
wrote:
If you aren't already, I'd suggest trying the latest developer snapshot.
It has built-in support for generating a Chainsaw configuration from a fileappender/conversionpattern:
 - File, load Chainsaw configuration menu
 - Use fileappender entries from a log4j config file (can be .properties or .xml)
 - Select the  'open file' button and browse to your log4j configuration file containing the
fileappender entries
 - Optionally select 'always start Chainsaw with this' and probably 'Save configuration as'
Let me know if that doesn't work.
If you are having problems, you can always use 'MESSAGE' as your logformat, which will not
parse the line at all, just write the entire line to the 'MESSAGE' field.

Scott

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Stein, Jason <jason.stein@vertexgroup.com<mailto:jason.stein@vertexgroup.com>>