logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Peter DePasquale <peter.depasqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Null Pointer Exception - Help request - New to log4j2
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 04:21:04 GMT
I'm trying to use Log4j2 in a research project. I did manage to get
the simplest HelloWorld program using log4j2, but I can't seem to get
past an annoying NPE in one class in the larger project.

I've used pastebin as follows. I welcome thoughts and help on this
issue. I really need a nice logging solution to track down a few nasty
bugs that are plaguing me, and I'm finally going whole hog here and
jumping into log4j2 (or trying to) for the whole project...

Config file: http://pastebin.com/8cFbFejE
Source code: http://pastebin.com/aTmZfZMN
Runtime output: http://pastebin.com/H9R94PFg

I've cut all methods from the source file below the first (start)
where my initial integration attempt is located.

The program compiles fine. For my purposes, I'm building the app as a
jar file, and have expanded all of the listed jar files from log4j2
and included that structure (and Log4J-V2.0.xsd as well...).

Thanks for any help/insight into the NPE problem.

--
Peter J. DePasquale, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Science