logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XML config style
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:55:36 GMT
It's true that validation can add a bit of grogginess to the system.
However, that can simply be controlled by a Java system property if
necessary. I don't think we need the validation at runtime, however, having
an XSD at design time is a definite. I need all the help I can get inside
Eclipse :-)

If not already, we should provide an XSD in the log4j api or impl jar.

Paul