logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: log4j2 site design
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 22:37:52 GMT
I do like that the text in the sidebar doesn't seem to wrap like it does with the fluido skin.
I'm not sure if that is just because it is wider or if it is wider to accommodate the text.

Can you modify it to incorporate the header?

Ralph

On Sep 20, 2012, at 3:26 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:

> While the font and sidebar are a bit crisper and cleaner i do miss having the Log4j logo.
 Also, it doesn't resolve the area that I think is the toughest nut to crack - the fact that
it is a multi-module site.

> As you pointed out, clicking on a component name causes the bottom portion of the sidebar
to change to show all the project reports for that component.  This isn't intuitively obvious.
For example, I was asked off-list just yesterday where the API javadocs are.  It isn't obvious
that you need to click on "API" and then select project reports to get to the javadoc.  However,
I don't like the idea of aggregated javadocs either as then it isn't clear which are "core"
and which are from optional components.

> Likewise, I was asked to package the manual as a zip. Normally "mvn site" has to be invoked
separate from the release, which makes it hard to package the manual as part of the release.
I'd also like the manual to be downloadable as a pdf or in some other easy-to-read-offline
format.

> FWIW - I looked at the table you don't like in the Architecture section. To me it looks
fine.  But I'm colorblind and so I tend to pick bright colors.