logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: @Override and @Deprecated
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 21:50:38 GMT
I require Java 6.  So far, I've not had a reason to not support Java 5.  I've been able to
take advantage of Java 6 and 7 through reflection and tested that there isn't a significant
performance difference by running ReflectionComparison.

Running org.apache.logging.log4j.ReflectionComparison
Timer Reflection stopped. Elapsed time: 0.719909000 seconds Average per iteration: 0.000000719
seconds
Timer Reflection stopped. Elapsed time: 0.613188000 seconds Average per iteration: 0.000000613
seconds
Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.412 sec

Other methods might be different of course. ThrowableProxy does the same thing to support
for suppressed exceptions when running in Java 7.

Ralph