If you look at the DBReceiverJob class, you'll see a commented-out line, which is why sequence number was in there:

event.setSequenceNumber(rs.getLong(1));

LoggingEvent previously had a 'setsequencenumber'.

The event_id field isn't preserved in the event and it could be - by having the value set as a property.

Scott