logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Deboy <scott.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Extras companion supported by log4j2?
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 03:28:56 GMT
I'm not sure how much of the extras companion would be applicable to
log4j2.  I assume appender and receiver-related things wouldn't change much
except for the construction of LoggingEvents?

I can look things over, but Ralph, if you wouldn't mind, would you give
extras a once-over and point out what is redundant with features already
provided by log4j2, and what changes other than event construction would be
likely in order to support extras with log4j2?

I'd like to support Chainsaw with log4j2 (and existing appenders and
receivers etc) and I don't yet have a sense for what that would take.

Scott