logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject [log4j 2] build
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 12:26:34 GMT

On May 3, 2012, at 4:51 AM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

>> - For 2.0 we should have one build, Maven, and dump the Ant build file.
>
> Not sure what 2.0 currently supports, but i think it is only maven.
> For 1.0 I would LOVE if you could help me with cleaning the build. We
> need to maintain it for a while...
> we can vote on dropping ant support for 1.x whih should make things easier.

2.0 uses Maven. I use Maven 3 and am not sure if Maven 2 will work. I modeled it after the
build for Commons VFS.  That doesn't mean it won't have its own issues. Doing a release at
the ASF is complicated.

The site generates several reports that can be seen at http://people.apache.org/~rgoers/log4j2/

For example, http://people.apache.org/~rgoers/log4j2/project-reports.html and http://people.apache.org/~rgoers/log4j2/log4j2-core/project-reports.html

>> - For 2.0 I hope we adopt the standard Maven directory layout.
>
> me to. for 1.x we can try to fix that stuff a little bit. I analysed
> it already, thread is somewher ein the archives.

Yes, it uses the standard layout.

You are both free to checkout the source and run the build. If you want to add more reports
feel free to do so.I will note that on Windows the unit tests have to be run with -server
set. I plan on adding a profile that does that automatically.

Ralph