logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From lili_ili <svet...@gmail.com>
Subject "object is not assignable" in OSGI environment
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 16:06:07 GMT

Hi

I am developing in OSGI Glassfish 3.1 environment. log4j.jar is loaded as
OSGI bundle  (wrapped as com.springsource.org.apache.log4j bundle), and
log4j.jar also exists in the domain lib.

I have osgi utils.jar bundle that imports log4j.jar bundle and invokes
PropertyConfigurator.configureAndWatch(filePath).

Sometimes I get the following error from configureAndWatch (the fuller log
is attached  http://old.nabble.com/file/p33087002/error.log error.log  )

log4j:ERROR A "org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender" object is not
assignable to a "org.apache.log4j.Appender" variable.|#]

When I run in log4j bundle, I do not expect to load classes from domain lib.
Is there a way to solve this issue?

thank you