logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Deboy <scott.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: analyzing logs
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 16:26:49 GMT
Can you provide more details?  (VFS)LogFilePatternReceiver is the core
class app developers can use to parse regular text files and generat
logging events from them, as long as  the log file formats are
consistent enough to be able to apply a regular expression to parse
them.

It may be possible to do all this without writing code if you just
need a utility to extract and combine the events...

Do you have two log files and want to extract events sharing a common
field to a third log file?

If so, is that common field known before the processing starts?

Maybe example log entries would help as well.

Scott