logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Deboy <scott.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Deleting receivers and components 'companions'
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 05:18:41 GMT
I don't think adding things to core at this point adds an expectation on
log4j 2.0 at all personally.  I'm against creating a logging attic.
Receivers are the other half of appenders.  Unless you only care about
fileappenders, they have utility.

I'd still prefer to see things moved in to core.  Our DTD defines things in
component (plugins, etc)...why those don't belong next to domconfigurator
I'm not sure.

Scott