logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: log4j2 parameterized msg with throwable
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 14:01:39 GMT

On Sep 19, 2011, at 1:44 AM, Joern Huxhorn wrote:

> On 19.09.2011, at 09:36, Ralph Goers wrote:

did so. I also considered logging the ThreadGroup-hierarchy but didn't do so, yet, because
of the expected performance impact.

consist of a ThreadDump if it is actually logged, including the ThreadGroup info etc..
thread dumps via SIG_QUIT at a random points of execution.

but could be enabled in case of strange concurrency issues...

>>> I think http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/management/ThreadMXBean.html
could be what you are looking for.
>>> Haven't given it a try, yet.
>>
>> Unfortunately, all the good lock information was added in 1.6.
>>

> Yes, it is calling for some reflection magic.
> You'd have to reimplement LockInfo and MonitorInfo, though...

None of ThreadInfo, LockInfo and MonitorInfo are Serializable so new objects are required
anyway. But doing it via reflection will make the code pretty ugly.

Ralph