logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compiler configuration
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 13:59:29 GMT
> No matter what you do log4j looks really decaying. :-)   That is one reason I am working
on 2.0.  It targets 1.5 and actually makes use of features at that JDK level.

> Log4j 1.x is getting almost no attention these days. I wouldn't recommend changing the
source and target levels. I can't speak to adding or removing UTF-8 as I'm not sure what that
means.

Am I right with my assumption that the companions will become obsolete
with Log4j 2.0?
If yes, I would like to change the companions configuration to the
current log4j configuration

Cheers

http://www.grobmeier.de