logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting companions released
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 05:19:21 GMT

On Jun 2, 2011, at 9:43 AM, Scott Deboy wrote:

> Taking care of branding requirements seems like something that could be done separately
from getting initial companion releases out.

> I wouldn't mind tackling that, but there is a non-trivial amount of work to do there,
and I would prefer to work on getting companions (and Chainsaw) released first.

> Scott

I reread the charge to the PMC to implement the Apache Branding Requirements (2010-10-15 on
private@logging) and it is not quite strict as I remember.  It didn't have an explicit prohibition
on releases that do not conform to the branding requirements, but it was something that the
board was really emphasizing, wanted completed as soon as possible and wanted clear reporting
on progress.  The board seemed to be taking the brand requirements very seriously and they
appear to be more than willing to charge the PMCs with tasks that would distract from getting
things out.