Hi,
      why don't we add a method in the Logger class or at least a Util with a method like the following one in order to avoid the cost of the message build.
      In this way we'll not have to build the message unless the priority is enabled for the logger.

      I'll wait for your thoughts.

Regards,

import org.apache.log4j.Logger;

import org.apache.log4j.Priority;

public class LoggerUtil {

    static public void log(Logger logger, Priority priority, Object... objs){

        if (logger.isEnabledFor(priority) ){

            StringBuffer sb = new StringBuffer();

            for(Object obj : objs){

                sb.append( obj.toString() );

            }

            logger.log(priority, sb.toString() );

        }

    }

}

Cusano Pineda, Gerardo H.

Information System Engineer

Accenture System Integration & Technology

Buenos Aires, Argentina

* g.x.cusano.pineda@accenture.com