logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: log4j 2.0 code review process
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 06:54:12 GMT
BTW  - If I didn't say it before, this is the one place that git would be helpful.  You could
fork the code and do what you like and I could merge back what I like, etc.  I don't really
find git all that much more compelling for development once you have a trunk being co-developed,
unless you change the development model to one where everyone works on their own fork and
then merges back.  While you can do this with SVN, git makes this really easy.

On May 23, 2010, at 11:49 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:

> I realize this isn't what you mean, but I did a fairly lousy job on the javadoc.  I'm
traveling this week and may find some time in the hotel to see if I can't clean it up.

> As for adding @review tags, I'm good with pretty much anything.  It looks like the Maven
Javadoc plugin will let you add custom tags and then can generate a report on those tags,
which would be very helpful to look at them.

> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/examples/tag-configuration.html
shows how to add a tag and http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/taglist.html
is an example report. I'm not sure what they did to generate it.

> Ralph
>
> On May 23, 2010, at 10:34 PM, Curt Arnold wrote:
>
>> I'm prepping to start diving into the recent code drop and trying to figure out how
to do so in an effective way.  I was thinking maybe the best way to approach it would be to
use annotations or javadoc to make comments on the classes or methods.  This fairly old article
(http://java.sys-con.com/node/44700) describes using a @review Javadoc tag to capture code
review comments.  Does anyone have other suggestions on how to capture code review on the
code drop?