logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r943816 [1/9] - in /logging/log4j/branches/BRANCH_2_0_EXPERIMENTAL/rgoers: ./ log4j12-api/ log4j12-api/src/ log4j12-api/src/main/ log4j12-api/src/main/java/ log4j12-api/src/main/java/org/ log4j12-api/src/main/java/org/apache/ log4j12-
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 13:42:17 GMT

On May 17, 2010, at 3:24 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As suggested by Sander Temme [1], how about using "svn propset
> --revprop -r 943816 svn:log '...'" to update the commit message of
> this revision? Having Ralph's extended summary included in the svn
> history would be much better than just the current "First version"
> message.
>
> [1] http://jukkaz.wordpress.com/2010/05/14/commit-early-commit-often/#comment-9667
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Good idea, there is nothing as fun as trying to track down an issue and you run into a monolithic
commit of code many years ago with no history behind it.

I haven't dug into it, but I think the submission may require IP clearance through the incubator
(http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html).  The sentence would appear to apply:

> Any code that was developed outside of the ASF SVN repository and our public mailing
lists must be processed like this, even if the external developer is already an ASF committer.

That might entail pulling this commit and bringing it back in.  If available, I'd like to
import the earlier revision history of the code.