logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Terry Mah <tandt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Password obfuscation
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 14:39:16 GMT
Hello,
I do not have any experience in development within log4j, but I am wondering if you could
point me in the right direction.  Currently we are using jetty and axis2 for our SOAP server.

We have a need to NOT log any information if it is a password or account ID.  Since log4j
is mostly used for SOAP requests all passwords and account ID's should follow a basic set
of rules.  (i.e. contained within a SOAP envelope, XML, etc).

Is there a feasible solution where I code alter the log4j code such that I don't have to modify
any other 3rd party app to achieve my goal?

Thanks for the assistance.

Terry