logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r943816 [1/9] - in /logging/log4j/branches/BRANCH_2_0_EXPERIMENTAL/rgoers: ./ log4j12-api/ log4j12-api/src/ log4j12-api/src/main/ log4j12-api/src/main/java/ log4j12-api/src/main/java/org/ log4j12-api/src/main/java/org/apache/ log4j12-api/sr...
Date Sat, 15 May 2010 04:28:48 GMT

On May 14, 2010, at 8:41 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:

> See below.
>
> On May 14, 2010, at 7:07 AM, Curt Arnold wrote:
>
>> Could you review the "bugs" in the log4j2 JIRA and give a quick comments about your
submission and the bug.

> Sure. I'll try to do this asap but my time to work on Log4j isn't very consistent.

Same here.

>> If there are any significant design decisions or requirements that came out from
this work, could you file them as new bugs.

> Be happy to.
>>
>> Did you use or consider the earlier pattern layout stuff I did in the sandbox?
>
> As I mentioned in my earlier email, I used the EnhancedPatternLayout that is in the experimental
branch as a starting point. I changed the name back to PatternLayout and made that a plugin
and made all the converters plugins. I also modified a couple of the converters where it was
neeed.

I didn't recall naming it EnhancedPatternLayout, been a long time since I looked at it.